Happy Friday, and happy February!!
Thank you to everyone took the time to read my newsletter this week! It means so much to me! (And if you subscribed but didn’t see it in your inbox, check your spam!) Since I covered all our personal updates, upcoming ski trip, plans and parties for February, we can get right down to it!
In Case You Missed It
A few things I shared this week…
- Super Bowl Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Gifts for Men
- Old Navy Girls Fashion (lots of items on big time sale)
- Old Navy Boys Fashion (lots of items on big time sale)
- Target Swim
- The Yummiest Banana Bread
- High Protein Cookie Dough Bark
This Week’s Top 5 Reader Favorites
- The Jar Opener Key: If you struggle to open jars, this key was recommended by SO many of you!
- Crossbody Bag: Now that I no longer need to tote around a bag of eye stuff for Thomas, I am on a mission to downsize my purse from a massive tote to a crossbody bag. I’ve tried and returned several bags and finally found this ALDO bag on Amazon! It’s the perfect size for my wallet, keys, phone, lip glosses, and hand sanitizer, etc. It reminds me of the Saint Laurent Lou Quilted Camera Bag and I like it so much I purchased it in Other Beige and Black!
- Girls Two Piece Scalloped Bikini: So cute and ON SALE!
- Golf Tally Tumbler: From the Men’s Valentine’s Day Gift Guide, this is a no-sweat tumbler that fits in the golf cart holder and doubles for keeping total score, strokes per hole, greens in regulation and fairways hit, as well as any side games.
- Boys Twill Pull-On Shorts: These are some of our favorite shorts for Thomas! They fit ABOVE the knee and are available in 5 colors. Right now they are 50% OFF!!!
What We Ate This Week for Dinner
As promised, here are the links to all the recipes I made this week for dinner! Our favorite was the hibachi chicken — insanely good.
The best part about this week’s meal plan was my line-up on Monday and Tuesday. I cooked pulled pork all day on Monday and made BBQ sandwiches for dinner, then used the leftovers on Tuesday to make pork carnitas!
- Crockpot Pulled Pork
- Pork Carnitas
- Hibachi Chicken with Fried Rice & Veggies
- Mini Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup (we ended up not making this so I’m saving for another week!)
- Make-Your-Own Pizzas (I make my pizza on cauliflower crust and omg it’s SO GOOD)
1. Target Swim
I cannot believe it’s time to start scooping up swimwear! I love a good Target swim round-up so I wanted to share some of my favorite pieces for those of you headed somewhere sunny soon! I am so in love with the one shoulder bow cut-out suit and cute straw boat hat!
Shop The Post
Last year I polled y’all for self-tanner recommendations and the Beauty by Earth brand was the top recommendation! I love that it is made with clean ingredients, free of chemical dyes, parabens, and toxins. I just ran out of the lotion and bought the mousse to try and oh my gosh, I LOVE IT even more than the lotion! It’s lightweight and fast-absorbing making it easier and quicker to apply. I skip the mitt and use my hands so I don’t waste any of the product, and then just wash my hands after. I use medium-dark and it’s a great color to build on.
If you’re Pop Chips-obsessed, I found a 20 count sampler pack for under $20!! The variety pack comes with 6 delicious flavors: White Cheddar, Kettle Corn, Sea Salt, Spicy Queso, Sweet Chili, and Sour Cream & Onion. I eat these every single day for a low-calorie, gluten-free snack and love them so much.
4. Bonnie & Clyde’s Lounge Date Night
This week Matt and I had a date night at Bonnie & Clyde’s Lounge. This was our second date night here since it opened last fall and the vibe is just SO cool. It feels like a South End or Uptown spot — but only a few minutes from our house in South Charlotte! This luxury rooftop bar has craft cocktails, bottle service, DJs and live music, and delicious food!! Oh, and make sure to get the kimchi tots!!!
If you’ve been eyeing the UGG Classic Mini Platform Boots, I wanted to share these super cute boots that are 1/3 the price and very comfortable!
Also, this pullover sweater makes me feel pulled together even when I’m wearing leggings. I wear it SO much. It’s an oversized fit, comes in a rainbow of colors, and is seriously so cozy and comfortable.
Have a great weekend, friends!