Looking for something light, refreshing that seriously screams spring? You need to try my Lemongrass Ginger Margaritas! Keep reading to see how to make this delicious cocktail!
Alright you guys, I have officially found my new favorite margarita!
Last week I scoured the internet for a signature cocktail to serve at my roll-your-own sushi dinner party and came across a handful of recipes that piqued my interest. I ended up adapting and blending a few recipes together to come up with the perfect Lemongrass Ginger Margarita!
These Lemongrass Ginger margaritas are crisp, refreshing and packed with flavor. If you’re looking for the perfect combination of lightly sweet and slightly tangy with a deliciously smooth finish, you will love these!
Note: Tracking down lemongrass was surprisingly difficult. I ran to several grocery stores before finding it at Whole Foods. But this ingredient is totally worth the extra errand!
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemongrass
- 2-3 large basil leaves
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice (approx. 2 limes juiced)
- 2.5 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- Club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle agave, ginger, lemongrass and basil until thoroughly smashed.
- Add a cup of ice to shaker, along with lime juice, tequila and cointreau. Shake vigorously until well combined and chilled.
- Strain mixture into a glass filled with ice and top with club soda.
- Garnish with lime and basil.