- one - Excuse the messy counter tops but earlier this week Matt surprised me mid-day with this gorgeous bouquet of farmers market flowers. He totally caught me off guard when he walked in on me binge watching Friday Night Lights. (I promise I do get stuff done on maternity leave outside of Netflix marathons. Just um, maybe not decluttering the kitchen.)
- two - I am pretty sure I am the only person who isn't rushing into fall. I'm just not ready to let go of summer yet. I am loving tank tops, flip flops, longer days and I am still rocking my scrunchy summer hair. Recently I discovered the very best mousse for the perfect scrunch - Big Sexy Hair Spray Mousse. This mousse sprays directly into your hair as a fine mist so you don't even have to lather it up in your hands first! Totally awesome and worth every penny!
- three - I cannot believe this actually happened since it's been on my "to do" list for almost 4 years BUT I finally made our wedding album!!! It took me probably 20 hours to put together because I am the least design savvy person ever but I LOVE that we now have a hard copy album to share with our kids one day.
I used Blurb to design the album and was pleasantly surprised that it didn't cost a small fortune to print either. And since I'm on a roll now searching through the deep archives of our life, I even started our first family album too! My goal is to make one of these at the end of each year to have and look back on...if I can find 20 extra hours of free time.
- four - Blackberry jam!!! I did it! And it was easy! I canned my very first batch of blackberry jam this week with the help of my friend Lisa. I was worried I was in over my head on this project but was pleasantly surprised with how easy it really was. Oh, and it turned out DELICIOUS.
- five - We have finally found the ultimate white noise machine that I must share with you all - the Dohm. I could write a 5 paragraph essay on why you need one of these for each kid's room and one for your own bedroom too! This sound machine has been an absolute game changer for us. It was recommended to me by a veteran mom with two kids (and two Dohms) and now I'm finding out that pretty much every experienced mom uses this exact machine and swears by it. In fact, even the box reads "recommended by pediatricians & experienced moms" and it was chosen to be the Official Sound Conditioner of the National Sleep Foundation. The Dohm is so much louder than any of the other white noise machines we own (and we own 5 types) and really helps block out unwanted sounds (hello, dog barking!) during naps and bedtime. Unlike other devices, the Dohm has an actual fan (with two speeds) inside the machine that creates a consistent, smooth sound of rushing air. Go buy one now. Heck, go buy one for every room!
Wanna join Darci, April, Natasha and I on the Friday fun? You can link-up on any of our four blogs every Friday! All you have to do is...
1.) Write your post about five things you're lovin' this week (or any five things you want to share!).
2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.
3.) Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five things and say hello!