Happy Friday! Phew! I’ve made it one full week back in the office! It’s been hard dropping Thomas off at daycare each morning but I am looking forward to our pajama parties next week while I work from home during his recovery! I thought it would be easier to transition back to work since I’ve done it once before (and wrote about it here) but it’s actually been a million times more difficult. So let’s focus on five awesome things today…
– one – My seester is like 2 centimeters away from giving birth. Earlier this week she had a false labor alarm and so now the whole family is on the edge of our seats awaiting the call that Jackson is on the way. I am so, so, so excited for another little man to join our family!
Isn’t she the cutest?!
– two – Last weekend Matt and I celebrated (maybe a little too hard) my birthday with the most delicious dinner at Dogwood Southern Table & Bar. I had been wanting to try this new restaurant for awhile and was so happy it lived up to the hype! From the moment we arrived we had impeccable service, the food (all locally farm raised) and cocktails blew us away and the ambiance was absolutely perfect. Shortly after we were seated the bartender came by with a bottle of sparkling rose (and hilarious poem) from our friends who had called earlier and arranged the surprise! So awesome. From there we received a delicious surprise from the the chef (sliced pear with whipped goat cheese) before scarfing down baked pimento cheese dip, duck breast (for Matt), pan seared scallops (for me), succotash and the very best homemade (by the owner’s mom) birthday cheesecake I’ve ever had. During dinner Matt surprised me with some awesome birthday coupons – a weekend away in the mountains, a dinner out (babysitter and restaurant reservation coordinated by him), a weekend of no mom responsibilities (haha) and more. The expiration dates were 2211, so I guess I better get on that pretty soon.
– three – Did you see my DIY mummy costume post yesterday?
I had plans to make Caroline’s costume too (I reaaaaallllyyy wanted her to be this cute little kitten) but while running around Marshall’s she spotted this hilarious duck costume and would not let us take it off of her. So the cashier just scanned the tag and let her walk out of the store in it. She was hamming it up big time the rest of the day as we ran errands and grocery shopped with our little duckling. Hopefully she still likes this a few weeks from now…
How do you say no to that?
– four – So, the most stressful part of the day is easily the time between walking in the front door after pick up until Caroline is happily eating her dinner. In those 25 seconds I am frantically trying to whip up a bottle for Thomas and find something semi-healthy for Caroline to quickly eat while she impatiently melts down in hunger. You all sent me the most incredible suggestions (from this post) and I’m happy to report we’ve successfully expanded her dinner options. However, one thing that has helped so, so, so, SO much in expediting the microwave to hi chair process is reducing the time it takes to cool down Caroline’s food using the toddler/baby food CoolIt Plate! This rapid cooling plate is worth every penny and saves so much time and tears in our evenings. Now that I know this works, my next prime purchase is going to be the Quick Cooling Dish!
– five – Our October is absolutely slammed with fall festivities, surgeries, events, parties and more. This weekend is no exception – we are venturing to the pumpkin patch (weather permitting) and I’m excited to see how different of an experience it will be this year with Caroline.
Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things
you want to share!).
2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.
Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five
things and say hello!