Five on Friday!

I’ve been meaning to write a “life lately” post to share some of our most recent happenings but instead I’ll condense it into the top 5 today!

– one – I am happy to report we are still sticking to our new year’s resolution to escape from the kiddos for a monthly date night. Last Friday we tried a new restaurant, Comida, that I’d been dyyyyying to try in one of our favorite neighborhoods. It was somewhat difficult to get a reservation since it’s only been open for two weeks so we gladly accepted an early dinner. It was sooooooo good. The margaritas were served on snow cone ice, we enjoyed some yummy nachos and the taco choices were unreal. We will definitely be back! After dinner we decided to walk down the street to a new bar, The Workman’s Friend, for a fancy prosecco cocktail for me and a whisky drink for Matt on the patio. Our last stop of the night was at our old stomping grounds – Whiskey Warehouse. Apologies if you were still viewing my snap chats at this point. Ha! It was a super fun night out!

– two – We celebrated Supper Club at Lisa’s house this month on St. Patty’s Day! She is the best hostess!

For dinner she made quinoa stuffed peppers and pear salad. She’s made this exact meal for my family after Thomas was born and it is super duper delicious. For dessert she baked a homemade hummingbird cake too!

– four – In bittersweet news, I am saying goodbye to my beloved Jetta. After some fun years of whipping around the city in my compact ride we are turning it back in. We leased this car three years ago thinking we might be pregnant or have one munchkin towards the end of the lease. Ha! Two kiddos later my backseat is at max capacity with two ginormous car seats and a trunk just big enough to hold my stroller. And with the exception of daycare drop-off and pick up (half a mile from the house), we don’t normally take my car anywhere with both kids. True story, I’ve put less than 8K miles on my car in 3 years! We know VW makes really safe cars too (which is why we originally picked the Jetta) but after Matt’s accident we just prefer to tote the kiddos around in his monster truck

We really weren’t sure what to purchase for our second car. Would we bite the bullet and get the inevitable minivan? Or would we still try and pretend we’re cool for a few more years? We just didn’t know! And seriously, minivans are so dang expensive!!! Anyway, it was perfect timing that Matt’s parents were getting ready to purchase a new car and they offered to sell us his mom’s car at a suuuuuper incredible deal that we quickly said “YES!!!!!!” to. We are so grateful and will absolutely be driving my sweet new ride until the wheels fall off.

– five – We just started our HelloFresh deliveries back up! We skipped a few deliveries while my mom was here post-surgery and while things were a little wild. I’m technically still not supposed to be doing much in the kitchen but Matt is a super hubby and does most of the work. So here is my recent most favorite HelloFresh meal – Fiesty Fiesta Fish Tacos with grapefruit, avocado and cabbage slaw! And you can make them yourself! Just search for the recipe on their website!

Want to try HelloFresh? Use promo code MG8GKD for $40 off your first box! That means you can try out HelloFresh for $29 and then cancel after your box arrives or keep on going.

Also, I received another promo code to give my friends a FREE box of HelloFresh meals! I’d be happy to send the first FOUR people to leave their email address in the comments a free week of HelloFresh to try!

– bonus – Couldn’t stop at five! A few weekends ago I got to celebrate April’s little babe on the way! Her shower couldn’t have been any sweeter and April looked gorgeous. I absolutely cannot wait for this baby to arrive!

Wanna join April, Natasha and I on the Friday fun? You can link-up on any of our four blogs every Friday! All you have to do is…

1.) Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things you want to share!).

2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.

3.) Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five things and say hello!

1. Kim
    April 1, 2016 / 11:48 am

I would love a free box!! Kimberly_lauver@yahoo dot com 🙂 how much fun! Those tacos look amazing!

• Carolina Charm
      April 1, 2016 / 12:01 pm

Check your email for a freebie box! 🙂

2. T Fabulous
    April 1, 2016 / 11:56 am

I would LOVE a free box!!!! Not having to make dinner would be awesome!! Fallert2 at gmail dot com

• Carolina Charm
      April 1, 2016 / 12:01 pm

Check your email for a freebie box! 🙂

• Carolina Charm
      April 1, 2016 / 12:12 pm

Thank you, Regine!!! You too!! xx

• Carolina Charm
      April 1, 2016 / 12:13 pm

Check your email, Amy! 🙂

3. Courtney
    April 1, 2016 / 12:11 pm

I'd love a free box! Also, I'm in Charlotte for work for two weeks and have been using your blog as my guide to the city. Loved going to Cowfish last night – so glad I heard about it from you!

• Carolina Charm
      April 1, 2016 / 12:14 pm

What is your email? LOVE COWFISH!!!!! Hope you can go to Cabo Fish Taco too while you're here. One of my favorites! 🙂

4. Courtney
    April 1, 2016 / 12:19 pm

I will put Cabo Fish Taco on my list, for sure! My email is Thanks Christina!

• Carolina Charm
      April 1, 2016 / 12:23 pm

yay! Check your email, friend! 🙂

5. Amanda
    April 1, 2016 / 12:45 pm

Ah! I was too slow to get the free box, but I'm thinking I'll have to use the code to try a box for 40 dollars off! Do you know if there are any limitations on where you live? I live in (far) northern Maine (like actually situated on the Canadian border), and am just wondering if they only ship to more populated areas?

6. Julia Skalicky
    April 1, 2016 / 12:58 pm

Have the best weekend!

7. Jess Deisher
    April 1, 2016 / 12:59 pm

Yay for the new car. I'm fairly new to your blog so I went and read about the accident and I'm so glad everyone was okay! I was in a head-on collision with someone who was texting and driving a few years ago. Scariest moment of my life for sure. Happy weekend girl!

8. The Girl who Loved to Write
    April 1, 2016 / 1:49 pm

Yay for the new car!

9. A Carolina Mrs.
    April 1, 2016 / 1:59 pm

Happy Friday! Your supper club meal looks delicious. And what perfect timing on getting a new car! I bought a super sporty compact sedan last may and then found out we were pregnant two months later. Here's to hoping I can cram the stroller in the trunk for a couple more years.

10. Leslie
    April 1, 2016 / 2:00 pm

So exciting about your new car! I have a VW Beetle and a five month old…we are hoping to make it work until/if we have a second child. After that it won't work safely! Also, I will have to try those recipes!

11. Just Jess
    April 1, 2016 / 2:23 pm

I just got my first box of Hello Fresh so I'm excited to make those tacos this weekend! Jess at Just Jess

12. Alexandra Bee Blog
    April 1, 2016 / 2:56 pm

Snow cone margarita!? Yes, please! Yay for new cars, too!

13. Rachel Noyes
    April 1, 2016 / 3:04 pm

I couldn't imagine two kids in my old sedan. My double stroller seems like it takes up 3/4 of my SUV trunk. I bought a used SUV before we had kids and kept telling the dealer it had a funky smell. No one else smelled it. Little did I know I was pregnant already and my super pregnancy nose was already working!

14. Jacqui German
    April 1, 2016 / 3:54 pm

so i've only been reading for 5/6 months, but i'd read about caroline's incident before (and holy crap i am petrified to have kids.. thank god she's okay) but i hadn't read about matt's accident yet! WOW. your family has certainly been tested AND blessed! thank you for sharing those stories with us – they must have been hard to re-live and write about! sending love for your weekend 🙂

15. Samma
    April 1, 2016 / 4:13 pm

I have an Audi wagon, so I get to zip around but still have room for the double stroller. However, I know my time is coming near for something bigger. Just not ready yet.

16. Mary Leigh
    April 1, 2016 / 6:21 pm

LOVE the new ride – what perfect timing! I'm driving a civic with just one car seat in the back and am really debating what our next car will be (but hoping to postpone until the wheels fall off of the current ride because car shopping – yuck!)

17. Sparkles and Lattes
    April 1, 2016 / 6:29 pm

I would love to try the Hello Fresh box. daniellekira@gmail.comLove your new car. So happy that you have something safe and big enough for your family. Love date nights and snow cone margaritas sound amazing.

18. Georgia Glam
    April 1, 2016 / 6:45 pm

Snow cone margs?? Girl you are speaking my love language! I can't wait to hear your review on your new Mercedes SUV – I've got a c-class and we have been thinking about upgrading to an SUV (potential baby seats and all) and we've been looking at either the M or the GLK! Have a great weekend!

19. Evelina
    April 1, 2016 / 9:46 pm

Congrats on your new ride! We will be car shopping very soon as well and are also in that "will be having kids soon but don't know how soon" stage. So… what to buy? Ah. I don't know. Evelina @ Fortunate House

• Evelina
      April 1, 2016 / 9:49 pm

PS- just followed you on snapchat! :)Evelina @ Fortunate House

20. Meghan
    April 2, 2016 / 12:18 pm

That supper club meal looks delicious! And what's your snapchat name?

21. Krista
    April 3, 2016 / 3:12 pm

What happened to #3? 🙂

22. Leah Garry
    April 7, 2016 / 7:08 pm

I'd love to try the hello fresh meals!! With 3 little girls ages 6 and under I could see this becoming something my husband and I could do together in the evenings after bedtime – at home date nights?! 🙂 Leah Garry

23. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    April 18, 2016 / 2:35 pm

I haven't been in the blogging world for a few weeks so just catching up now and sending a quick hi and sending love to you all sweet friend x