I’ve been meaning to write a “life lately” post to share some of our most recent happenings but instead I’ll condense it into the top 5 today!
– one – I am happy to report we are still sticking to our new year’s resolution to escape from the kiddos for a monthly date night. Last Friday we tried a new restaurant, Comida, that I’d been dyyyyying to try in one of our favorite neighborhoods. It was somewhat difficult to get a reservation since it’s only been open for two weeks so we gladly accepted an early dinner. It was sooooooo good. The margaritas were served on snow cone ice, we enjoyed some yummy nachos and the taco choices were unreal. We will definitely be back! After dinner we decided to walk down the street to a new bar, The Workman’s Friend, for a fancy prosecco cocktail for me and a whisky drink for Matt on the patio. Our last stop of the night was at our old stomping grounds – Whiskey Warehouse. Apologies if you were still viewing my snap chats at this point. Ha! It was a super fun night out!
– two – We celebrated Supper Club at Lisa’s house this month on St. Patty’s Day! She is the best hostess!
For dinner she made quinoa stuffed peppers and pear salad. She’s made this exact meal for my family after Thomas was born and it is super duper delicious. For dessert she baked a homemade hummingbird cake too!
– four – In bittersweet news, I am saying goodbye to my beloved Jetta. After some fun years of whipping around the city in my compact ride we are turning it back in. We leased this car three years ago thinking we might be pregnant or have one munchkin towards the end of the lease. Ha! Two kiddos later my backseat is at max capacity with two ginormous car seats and a trunk just big enough to hold my stroller. And with the exception of daycare drop-off and pick up (half a mile from the house), we don’t normally take my car anywhere with both kids. True story, I’ve put less than 8K miles on my car in 3 years! We know VW makes really safe cars too (which is why we originally picked the Jetta) but after Matt’s accident we just prefer to tote the kiddos around in his monster truck.
We really weren’t sure what to purchase for our second car. Would we bite the bullet and get the inevitable minivan? Or would we still try and pretend we’re cool for a few more years? We just didn’t know! And seriously, minivans are so dang expensive!!! Anyway, it was perfect timing that Matt’s parents were getting ready to purchase a new car and they offered to sell us his mom’s car at a suuuuuper incredible deal that we quickly said “YES!!!!!!” to. We are so grateful and will absolutely be driving my sweet new ride until the wheels fall off.
– five – We just started our HelloFresh deliveries back up! We skipped a few deliveries while my mom was here post-surgery and while things were a little wild. I’m technically still not supposed to be doing much in the kitchen but Matt is a super hubby and does most of the work. So here is my recent most favorite HelloFresh meal – Fiesty Fiesta Fish Tacos with grapefruit, avocado and cabbage slaw! And you can make them yourself! Just search for the recipe on their website!
Want to try HelloFresh? Use promo code MG8GKD for $40 off your first box! That means you can try out HelloFresh for $29 and then cancel after your box arrives or keep on going.
Also, I received another promo code to give my friends a FREE box of HelloFresh meals! I’d be happy to send the first FOUR people to leave their email address in the comments a free week of HelloFresh to try!
– bonus – Couldn’t stop at five! A few weekends ago I got to celebrate April’s little babe on the way! Her shower couldn’t have been any sweeter and April looked gorgeous. I absolutely cannot wait for this baby to arrive!
1.) Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things you want to share!).
2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.
3.) Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five things and say hello!