Earlier this week I shared some fantastic news on Instagram. For all of you who have been praying alongside of us, I just want to let you know that the Lord has heard our prayers and answered in the form of a miracle! On Tuesday Dad went in for his third round of chemo and the doctor went over the results of his recent CAT scan. The tumor in his lungs has shrunk from 6.7 to 2.4. This is truly the very best news we could have received – an answer to prayer. We still have a long way to go but we are incredibly thankful that dad has been feeling great (embracing the shaved head!) and are all so optimistic that we are all going to get past this. So I want to thank you all for your continued prayers and for not forgetting about us during this time. Please don’t let us fall of your prayer list. We are so thankful for you!
For those of you who are new, you can catch up on this journey (here).
We have a really busy, exciting weekend ahead! On Saturday night we will be attending the 4th Annual Casino Night benefiting the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte. Matt’s firm is sponsoring the event and we are so excited for a fancy night out! Also on the books is my favorite consignment sale of the year which we will be getting up bright and early for tomorrow. Then on Sunday my sister arrives for a few days!
I guess we should get on to the Five on Friday, right? Now that we are officially into March I have spring on my mind…
– ONE – Last weekend I crawled into the attic and pulled down some spring stuff, including Caroline’s Easter basket! I
cannot wait to fill her basket up with goodies this year.
Earlier this week I dropped by the dollar spot at Target and hit jackpot
for Easter basket items too! I know it’s early for shopping but I couldn’t pass up the deal so I grabbed some sunglasses, a plate, sippy cup, bunny ears, bubbles and more! Now all I need is to add a few snacks and some Easter books! Here are a few of the books I’m deciding between for Caroline…
Duck & Goose, Here Comes the Easter Bunny // The Berenstain Bears and The Easter Story // Guess How Much I Love You // God Gave Us Easter // Happy Easter, Mouse // The Donkey Who Carried a King // Llama Llama Easter Egg // The Runaway Bunny // The Easter Story
– TWO – Speaking of Easter, every year I whip up THE BEST CARROT CAKE EVER. No really, it is the BEST. It’s a lot of work but so worth it. Anyway, I cannot wait to make this cake soon. You can find the recipe (here).
– THREE – One of my favorite springtime activities planting tons of new flowers, plants and my herb garden! I am really hoping our hydrangeas we planted last year are going to pull through and bloom this year.
– FOUR – Time to put away the dark polishes and bust out the light pinks! I love springy manicures! Lucky, Lucky Lavender is one of my favorite OPI colors for spring.
– FIVE – I am anxiously trying to use up the last of my fall hand soaps and candles so I can get to my favorite fresh scents of the season.
Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things
you want to share!).
2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.
Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five
things and say hello!